Today I read a lot of news, many of these news of sports. I like playing basketball, so I like the NBA, especially with the Rockets. Because there has Chinese player Yao Ming in there. I would also like to listened some news.This news is an international, for example, Russia is fair with other countries. But a lot of things I did was not very clear, I think I must improve my listening.
Today,I also read a newspaper.When I watched it,I found I can leart a lot of knowledge from it.
Do you know the cheeky mean? If I didn't read newspaper,I think I didn't know it.The cheeky often used in two ways.The first way is in a quite serious manner to mean someone is being rude or disrespectful.And the second way is much more playful.
From the newspaper,I can learn some useful speaking in the daily life.For example,Will you please try to find out for what time the train arrives. The maximun weight allowance is 60 kilos per traveler,excluding hard luffage.And so on.
The newpaper including a lot of information when you look it. It can improving your English reading ability.It also can increase your acknowledge.
In the London, I often go to China Town to catch newspaper of Chinese.I can read Chinese newpaper to find some information for my motherland.
The newspaper is good!
EW WORDS
1potential adjective [before noun]possible when the necessary conditions exist:
e.g
A number of potential buyers have expressed interest in the company.
Many potential customers are waiting for a fall in prices before buying.
The accident is a grim reminder of the potential dangers involved in North Sea oil production.
potential noun [U]someone's or something's ability to develop, achieve or succeed:
e.g
The region has enormous potential for economic development.
I don't feel I'm achieving my full potential in my present job.
2prevalent adjective:existing very commonly or happening frequently:
e.g
These diseases are more prevalent among young children.
Trees are dying in areas where acid rain is most prevalent.
3 decrepit adjective:in very bad condition because of being old, or not having been cared for, or having been used a lot:
e.g
Most of the buildings were old and decrepit.
A decrepit old man sat on a park bench.
4recruit verb [T]:to persuade someone to work for a company or become a new member of an organization, especially the army:
e.g
Charities such as Oxfam are always trying to recruit volunteers to help in their work.
Even young boys are now being recruited into the army.
an army recruiting centre/officer
recruit noun [C]:a new member of an organization, especially the army:
e.g
Raw recruits (= completely new soldiers) were trained for six months and then sent to the war front.
5fatigue noun [U]
FORMAL extreme tiredness:
e.g
She was suffering from fatigue and a stress-related illness.
SPECIALIZED weakness in something, such as a metal part or structure, often caused by repeated bending:
e.g
The crash was caused by metal fatigue in one of the propeller blades.
See also compassion fatigue.
Friday, 5 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment